Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Rage

(Almost) as written on December 2007, there are just a few tiny changes for the sake of style

My Rage

I
My rage is not that common
I wouldn't even call it "rage"
it's more like a silent anger
hidden somewhere in my throat

II
My rage scratches my lungs
whereas I tend to translate your remoteness
as an insensitive version of your affection;
Always breaking my fingers,
Always spitting to my woman's words,
Always longing for her,
Always wanting something else.
And you refuse to be a Messiah for this generation
but all the stigmas are in your body:
your fights with inner demons,
your search for perfect prose.

III
My rage kisses me gently
and leaves in my lips the taste of wrath.

IV
My rage makes me ask stupid questions
It is an itch that slowly takes over my sense.

V
You end up being my rage
You're in my throat, in my stomach, in my guts...

It still needs work though, it is not finished. I wrote it for Sir Colin's seminar last semester although he never read it. I'm sure he would have crushed it and said: "Éstas son pendejadas!!!". (let's see who dares to comment on the poem)

Read the meme below, please.

8 comments:

pk said...

pues si son pendejadas, yo soy un pendejo.

sobre todo la primera parte tiene un ritmazo.

me gusto mucho.

saludos

pk said...

por cierto, no sé por qué, pero hace años no venía por acá. y me he llevado muy rica sorpresa.
abrazo

determinista tragico said...

jaja niskiera te conozco y ya s eme antojo un cigarro, gracias por compartir, he sido lector de closet de tu blog hace unos ayeres, pero hoy algo cambio, asi que mi estimada, suerte y agregale el correo si tienes tiempo

Lidia said...

vaya, la primera parte me encantó y bueno, todo el poema en sí ya que describes, como en decrescendo (ppprrrrttt)lo que es la ira.

Me gustó

Saludos

Juana Nebulosa said...

La tercera parte me gustó mucho, muy bien.

Andrea Lopez Estrada said...

Gracias Señor King, determinista trágico, Lids e Itzel por los comentarios. Aún falta arreglar un poco el poema pero espero que en un rato lo pueda mejorar.

Memo de León said...

Ehh!! Andrea furiosa!!

Ana said...

te citaré:

"It is an itch that slowly takes over my sense"