Friday, May 26, 2006

Looking at Miss World

Tonight the fat black woman
is all gaze
will some Miss (plump at least
if not fat and black) uphold her name

The fat black woman awaits in vain
slim after aspirant appears
baring her treasures in hopeful despair
this the fat black fat woman can hardly bear

And as the beauties yearn
and the beauties yearn
the fat black woman wonders
when will the beauties
ever really burn

O the night wears on
the night wears on
judges mingling with chiffons

The fat black woman gets up
and pours some gin
toasting herself as a likely win

Grace Nichols

This is to entertain you, my dearly beloved. I know I'm not fat, nor black, but I have my own complexes.

3 comments:

Diana said...

No mames, me llegó... me llegó, es muy deprimente pero es cierto. Te mando un abrazote linda.

Sofía said...

yo digo que deberìas de cambiar el link de Gabriel por uno que diga: "Gabriel es el terror de la coyotera".

ramses said...

wHAT DIJO EL MEXICanito le interesaba leerlo pero no le entendia , jiji estudias en letras inglesas oalgo por el estilo